Are you one of those people that dream of being their boss someday? Maybe you are ready to have a financial income, one that does not include your family, giving you some pocket money for your birthday. Or, you want to be more in control of your economic circumstances so you can enjoy and make greater use of your free time. Well, have you heard of teenage entrepreneurship?
When we hear about successful entrepreneurs, the first thing that comes to our mind is how rich they are. However, the second thing is that they must have gone through many difficulties to get there. Being your boss sounds great, but it´s much more challenging to climb the ladder by yourself. Nonetheless, it does not have to be like that. Especially with the advanced technology we have today, there are many genius business ideas for young and prospective people.
What Makes an Idea Good for Business Ideas for Teens?
There are many great business ideas for teens and great business ideas for college students. Both should aim for:
- Flexible hours
- Easy accessibility
- Low financial investment
- No diploma requirement
Business ideas for teens should be flexible with hours since youngsters should still focus on their studies. The job should be adaptable to their classes and study schedule.
Any of the business ideas for teens should be easily accessible. Most students do not own a vehicle, and some have to travel to their school either way, which is much time lost in transport. They should find something that is close and does not require too much unnecessary effort.
Low financial investment is probably the most crucial point when looking for business ideas for teens. Even if they have a job, they probably work for minimum wage, and it’s almost impossible to save up. Read low start-up cost business ideas.
Last and most obvious one, high school students and university students do not hold a diploma. Therefore, they must look for business ideas for teens that do not have this requirement to blossom in a specific area.
How do we know what to opt for, though?
Here is a list of business ideas for teens that will, for sure, spike your interest.
Have You Heard of Affiliate Marketing?
What makes affiliate marketing one of the excellent business ideas for teens is that it requires little to no cost at all. But what is affiliate marketing?
You must have seen one of those Instagram influencers, posting selfies with ‘’go on the link bellow’’ on their stories so that you can get a discount on a specific product. Well, they do it because it pays off. How it works is, you are marketing a product for someone else – whether it be a business or a person selling a particular product. You deal that for them, and they should give you a cut for sale. There is a specific link tailored to you, and every time someone clicks on it and buys something, you’ll get a commission. You are the advertiser that gets the customers through their door. Sounds easy? That’s because it is.
A couple of affiliate networks can help you get started, like Cj Affiliates and Amazon Associates. Of course, you can always start your blog or Youtube channel. Especially if you are a strongly opinionated person, why not writing reviews for new products? You might end up receiving the products for free and then have a chance to resell them. Remember to be honest about the product. If you don’t like it, don’t try to sell it – that is the only way to make it in this business.
Wealthy Affiliate is the recommended affiliate marketing training, Read my wealthy affiliate review,
- It gives you freedom – you are not tied down to any schedule or location.
- One of the business ideas for teens that is applicable to anyone
- There is always room for progress – you can branch up after you get some experience.
- The commission might come after a while. Sometimes it can get 24 hours, but sometimes it can be months that could go by, and you get paid.
Use the Power of Your Intellect
This idea is one of the business ideas for teens that are hardworking students. There are many ways you can use the energy you put into your studies, not only for acing the tests.
- Become a tutor – do you know a foreign language? Are you exceptionally good at math? Do you know history more than the professor you had last semester? If so, you should utilize this knowledge! You can give skype or real-life lessons, but there are also many different platforms that you can work for, like ITalki, VerbalPlanet, MyTutor.
- Become the top student guide – why not make money out of something you already did, like selling your notes and study material? You can also offer transcription services for lectures, help peers with homework, resell textbooks, present a study survival pack, give specific exam tips, etc. Stuvia is a great platform to start at; make sure you set the prices low – since your target group is students that probably do not have a regular monthly income.
- Help newcomers around – even though you can’t make lots of money from it alone, it’s a great marketing strategy if you provide other services as well. First-year students usually seem very lost, and you can help them get around; plus, it’s always great to have new contacts and, in time, offer them the other services you can provide for them.
- A very good earn of money
- One of the most flexible business ideas for teen
- You will learn even more by teaching others
- It’s a good thing to have on your resume
- You might need to work a bit more at the beginning until you earn their trust
- It can be time-consuming to gather materials
- If you don’t do it online, you’ll probably have a small number of customers
Get Paid for Running Errands
One of the most convenient for teens is being an errand-runner. There are a couple of ways you could carry this out:
- Buying groceries for people
If you are looking for easy business ideas for teens, this one is the winner. You can start buying groceries for your closest neighbors, or you can sign up online and do everything through a site like InstaCart. The app tells you precisely what you need to buy and where. You pick it up from the store and deliver it to the person who ordered it. Easy-peasy right?
- Overall errand-runner
Do you live in a neighborhood full of older people who find it hard to wait in line to pay for their bills? Or maybe, you have families in your area that do not have the time in their hands to send that package to the right place. This one is probably one of the best business ideas for kids and teens since it does not require any special skills except for following instructions and traveling from one place to another. Besides, doesn’t it seem fun exploring unknown areas?
- There are always going to be customers
- Does not require a lot of effort
- One of the business ideas for teens that can get you easy money
- It’s fulfilling to know you’re helping someone in need
- You might need a bike/vehicle
Why Not Be a House or a Pet Sitter?
This business idea is probably one of the most enjoyable of all business ideas for teens. Many people hate leaving their house alone while they are on a vacation or travel for work, mostly because of the fear of thieves. And, that’s where YOU come in. You will probably have to do some extra chores while you’re there, like cleaning, watering the plants, or some essential maintenance.
Many dog owners do not have the time to walk their dog 2-3 times a day, or maybe they are injured and incapable. The pay is usually 8-15$ per dog per hour, and to make more money. You can try walking several dogs at a time – that is, if they are all in the same area by using a master harness and assuming they’re friendly with other dogs. You can start by reaching out to your family and neighbors who have dogs and ask if they need someone to walk them. Be honest – is there any better business ideas for teens that hanging out with cute dogs?
You can start finding customers on sites like MindMyHouse, TrustedHousesitters, Rover, and BorrowMyDoggy, but you can also maintain your circle of people who hire you. Use the power of flyers and spread them around your city, and tell your friends and family to spread the word. You only need one happy customer to get started, and the referrals will begin.
- Super easy money
- It’s a fun job
- There is always going to be work to do
- They need to trust you before anything
- You are responsible for other people’s belongings
Sell Customized Clothing
Are you creative? Have you ever thought of owning a clothing company? Well, this might be where you can start. This business idea is one of the business ideas for teens that gets you to taste all the aspects of a business.
You can print on demand – and start with any capital you already have. Build an appealing website and place your orders. You can collaborate with a printing company, and when someone places an order on your site, the company will print it out for you. There is nothing you have to do besides customer service. Therefore, you need to make sure it’s excellent customer service!
Print on demand is one of the business ideas for teens that makes the easiest way to get into e-commerce. You can promote yourself by influencers on social media or even make accounts on your own. This “influencers” idea is entirely new – most do not know their worth. They might provide content for you just for gratis shoes or a t-shirt.
- You get to be your boss
- You get to explore your creativity
- High possibility of good monthly income
- One of the business ideas for teens that might need startup money
- It’s a very competitive market, so make sure you offer something unique
Be Your Boss With Freelance
Freelancing falls into the category of great online business ideas for teens. If you have talent, a fair amount of determination, and enough patience, there is no doubt you will exceed in this area. Another good thing about it is that it can become a stable long-term monthly income once you start. There are a couple of options you can try out:
- Provide service: content writing, typing service, translations, help with essays and other types of writing, photography. There are websites like Fiverr and UpWork on which you can add your profile and manage the services you offer by yourself. In particular, Fiverr is a massive platform with a wide variety of customers, so you can earn money by presenting any skill. You start by placing a gig (offer) and the price for it, and some detailed explanation of what they will get. However, you should know how to sell yourself and make an outstanding portfolio too. There are many courses to help you with this the websites offer themselves for reasonable prices.
2.Provide original work: this comes in handy if you are one of the creatives. From candle making to 2d visual art, Etsy is a platform without limits. If you’re interested in pouring out your creative abilities through different channels, scroll down through the site, and maybe you will find the right fit. People sell their photography, calligraphy, paintings, digitalizing their favorite pieces, and all kinds of other assets and self-made crafts that could be purchased by someone. If you want to ace it – look at what’s popular on the site at the moment.
- You express your creativity!
- One of the business ideas for teens with the highest profits
- Can turn into a long term job
- You have to stand out
- Have to provide excellent customer service to stay in the business
- Have to deal with complaints
Be One of the Best Party Organizers
One of the business ideas for teens and students probably has more personality requirements than any other. To excel in this, you must:
- Be extroverted
- Have exceptional organizational skills
- Plenty of contacts
- Good communication abilities
Your responsibilities include: Finding the right venue where you should have the party, inviting the right kind of people, providing food and drinks, decorations and last but far from least – finding a good DJ/band. If you check all the items on the list, the only thing left is – smile and start talking to people!
- It will never be boring to do this
- You’ll be the life of the party
- Good profits if you know how to manage your money
- This is one of the business ideas for teens that might get tiring
Mobile Beach Supplier
If you are looking for summer business ideas for teens, this business idea for teens might be the perfect one, especially if you live somewhere close to a beach. We all know how exhausting it can be to get ready for the beach. You always forget something! And, that’s where you come in.
Think of the most necessary things you can take with you like sunglasses, sunscreen, cold bottles of water, and if your budget allows you – maybe some Bluetooth speakers or a portable charger? You can prepare everyday beach essentials and sell them at a higher price. If you’re there and have exactly what they need, I’m sure the buyers won’t hesitate.
- You earn by chilling at the beach.
- You have an excellent “office view.”
- You are at the mercy of someone’s forgetfulness
Be the Voice of Your Generation
Are you one of those teens that sees the situation around them clearly and can portray it in the best possible way to the public? Maybe you should use these business ideas for teens, consider journaling and start talking about problems that all of your peers face, and debate your way to success.
Now, this might not be highly profitable at first, but it is one of those business ideas for teens that will probably feed your soul more than your pocket. And sometimes, it can be an excellent start. Read some online money-making ideas.
There are some small business ideas for 17-year-olds that can favorably affect your life at that age, like helping you get another high-quality job or even get you a scholarship. But not to lessen its value, you can make money out of this too. How?
- Online magazine
- Collaborating with bigger StartUps
After a while, along with good advertising and partnerships, you can be as blunt as you want, and the possibilities of getting a good income will become great.
Read some video ideas for kids.
- People will know about you
- You’ll get paid for your opinions and statements
- It would help if you watched out for what you address
- You should put a considerable amount of energy into whatever you want to achieve
To conclude, there are many business ideas for teens that can become an entirely new business. In this article, you might have learned how to start, but how will it end? That’s entirely on you! You never know how capable you are until you try. The only thing you need to do now is – start!
Read more business ideas that you can start when you are at 15.